Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 4, 2010

Alright peeps. Here's what's going on?

So this week was pretty sweet. We decided to take a few paths less traveled and we found the most beautiful, awesome places I've seen on my mission. We took one path and about 15 minutes down it at the end, where nobody is, we found a pig farm. This guy was there, his name was Peters, and we taught him about the restoration. We got videos of our adventures this week. I'll have to fugure out a way to send those home.

Another time, we saw this trail on the side of the road that looked like a hike. We decided of course to take it. We ended up in the deep bush and on top of a hill we found a Jehovah's Witness. We taught her the restoration. We went back the next day and she totally denied everything we taught, tried to at least. We bore our testimonies of it, asked her if she'd pray about the Book of Mormon. She said she would definitely not do that because the New World Translation fo the Bible is perfect which is completely, ridiculously false. So pretty much she's going Terrestrial. Oops for her.

On that hike we found a bunch of fruit trees. Tons of five finger fruit. Look it up on the internet. Delicious stuff. I got videos of that too. It was only a 10 minute walk but is was dang fun. We're not having too much success with progressing investigators. We're going to focus on baptismal dates and keeping that as their commitment. Instead of focusing on finding just new investigators, we're focusing on making sure those new investigators know our purpose, which is to help them get an answer to their prayers, read the Book of Mormon, and get baptized. If they reject if and won't, then we don't teach them anymore. It'll work.

Sounds like everybody had a great Christmas/New Years. Tell Brady I said congrats and that I'm WAY jealous. He's gonna do great. Tell Emilee Congrats too. That's pretty sweet about her engagement!!

I got the Christmas Package!!!! I LOVED IT! The CD is great, along with the notebook. I love thee BYU shirt. I was going to ask for another shirt and I dunno how you did it but that's the perfect one. The Under Armor stuff is sweet too because now that I'm not fat, I actually look semi decent in it, hahaha. Tell Grandma and Grandpa thanks for the nice book too! It was fun opening up that package. All the zone was there when I opened it up and everybody was jealous of that tie - a nice thick fatty. Automatically missionaries began to break the 10th commandment because of that tie. (Don't covet :D)

The senior couple/zone leaders pick up the mail everytime they're in Valsayn. We're about an hour and a half away from the mission home, so we can't go pick it up ourselves.

I really don't know much else to say. Things are going great for me and I'm loving Trinidad. The people are a lot less friendly and the members could care less about you, but other than that it's sweet. Haha.

I love ya all.

Elder Morris

PS: Thanks for the advice Mom and Dad. It'll help. BTW Dad, a lot of the stuff in the book you're reading, we are already doing in the mission! I can't talk much about it but just know that I do know some stuff about that ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment