Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June 17, 2009

Mom and Dad,

I love getting letters from you guys! It is a lot harder than I thought to keep track of letters and only be able to write back on Wednesdays. Here is my travel itinerary:

Delta Flight #1586 LV:SLC 7:00 a.m. 22 June
AR:ATL 12:48 p.m. 22 June
Delta Flight #387 LV:ATL 2:55 p.m. 22 June
AR: PO (Port of Spain) 7:46 p.m. 22 June

I’ll try to call before around 6:15 a.m. or so. If not, I’ll call in between flights. Probably in that case, I’ll call both work and home.

Okay! Some details of life here – Normal Schedule: (Changes around everyday. Tuesday = Devotional)

6:30 a.m. wake up, shower, get dressed.
7:00 a.m. Class
8:15 a.m. Breakfast
8:45 a.m. Class
1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:45 p.m. Personal Study
2:45 p.m. Companion Study
3:45 p.m. Missionary Directed Time (MDT)
6:00 p.m. Dinner
6:45 p.m. Class
9:00 p.m. Planning
9:30 p.m. Personal Time
10:15 p.m. Quiet Time
10:30 p.m. Lights Out

Our teachers are Brother Vallett and Sister Clark. Brother Vallett is awesome, lives with his parents in Murray, on 4799 S. Bayport, or something, near Hunter’s Woods. We learn various things; teaching skills like asking questions, listening, scriptures, etc. We also learn about how to teach with the Spirit - basically just anything and everything in Preach My Gospel. What a great tool that is! I’ve already marked mine up! For companion study the other day, just an example, we read through Ammon’s missionary story; Ammon’s story teaching King Lamoni’s father. We looked for things that they did that we could do to become more effective. We do things like that.
For personal study I like to read The Book of Mormon for 30 minutes, then work on part of a lesson like the Atonement and become more acquainted with it so I can teach it better.

The food is decent. Usually there’s something good. There are like 4 choices. Fridays it’s pizza (Papa John’s!) alternating with teriyaki stix. Not too shabby!

The stuff you sent was awesome. I love the backpack and photo album. I never got the face medication and there was a big hole in the package. Maybe you could report it? It was big enough for me to fit my hand through and take stuff. Maybe someone decided to just punch a hole through. It was through the outer packaging as well. BTW, I sent those thank you notes. Sounds like you guys had fun at the cabin, both times! About email. As for right now it is just family, immediate I think. But you can forward emails to me. By the way Mom, Elder Tanner Carr is going to Norway on his mission and left this week! It was fun to hang out with him here. He is a great guy. I’ve seen everyone here! Elder Mohlman, Elder Schneider, Elder Matt Fairbrother, Elder Nelson, of course, Elder Tyler Johnson, Elder Nathan Hankins from Junior High and High School. It has been fun to see friendly faces all around.

I am working extremely hard here and I have a good attitude. I love the work so far because I know it is for a good reason. Well, I better wrap up. I am going to the temple soon! I love you so much! I am grateful for your prayers while I was sick, even if I was better by the second day. I love you!

Elder Nathan Morris

0 comments:

Post a Comment