Sunday, November 14, 2010

11/08/10

Sunday Morning I got a phone call from President telling me of my transfer to St. Vincent. I've only been here 3 months. I am going to miss it here so much. I have really loved serving in Barbados. I've really grown to love the people here. The country itself is just gorgeous. I really would love to come back here. Even just for a short vacation.

I'm going to Calliaqua, St. Vincent. I"ll have a car and my companion will be Elder Welch. He goes home very soon. I hear he is a very hard worker so I know next transfer we'll be able to get a lot of things done. I really was pretty disappointed to get that transfer call. Oh well. After a lot of prayer I know it's what is best for me. This is truly where the Lord needs me. I felt it and know it.

Sherneal wasn't baptized this past week. She's super ready and 100 percent converted though. She is one of the coolest converts I've taught. Knows without doubt that this is the true restored gospel. Her testimony really has strengthened mine. She just was given one more week by President for some other reasons.

This past week was actually really, really good. We worked our butts off and got a ton done. Gloria and her whole family came to church this past weekend which was awesome to see. They are way cool. Church really was great yesterday. A lot of less actives and investigators we'd been working with came. Black Rock will have a few baptisms coming up that's for sure. It was pretty random. We met lady from Canada who served a mission in France. She had been praying for help because she didn't know where anything was where she had a room for the night and she saw us walk by. "Elders!" We turned and she was way cool. Came to church Sunday with her non-member aunt who we're now teaching and wants to be baptized. I love the West Indies.

Dad to answer some of your questions.

I do have a tan. It's the best it'll ever get. I only put sunscreen on my nose. that' sthe only part that burns now. The rest is just a mild tan. Which is the reason you don't see it very well.

There isn't too many bugs here in Barbados. Mosquitos a bit but nothing bad at all. Guyana there's tons, trinidad there's a lot but here it's fine. Lots of little lizards, a bird loves to come into our apartment and steal the bread. That's about it.

Playing the piano. A member here knows how to play. I play sometimes for district meetings but that's basically it. I get to practice a lot because we have a keyboard in the apartment which is pretty awesome.

We did well w/ith our money this transfer. I do however need to buy some things today. Other than that it's been fine.


I dunno that's pretty much it for me. I hope things are going well for you all. I love you and miss you.

Elder Morris

New address!!!

PO BOX 601
Kingstown, St. Vincent
West Indies

0 comments:

Post a Comment