Wednesday, June 16, 2010

june 16, 2010

Hey Everyone -

It's been an interesting week! The office really has been more and more daunting and we have to continue doing more and more. I'm way tired right now. We had zone conference yesterday and there's another one right now so we have been extremely busy preparing everything for President and the Assistants.

Our investigators are doing pretty good right now. Dareem, Keysha, and Marcia are the main ones. Dareem is 19, potential missionary, came to church on his own on Sunday and said that he knows that the Book of Mormon is true and he has a baptismal date for the 26th of June. He's doing great. We had a cool lesson with him last week overcoming some concerns with him about baptism and the holy ghost. He was confused about when you receive the holy ghost, so we showed him Acts chapter 8 and how the holy ghost is not received at baptism but given by the laying on of hands by those in authority. We then showed him some scriptures in the Book of Mormon like in Moroni 6 talking about how your sins are cleansed when you receive the Holy Ghost. Keysha is not doing as well. She was doing great, reading the BOM, planning on baptism, etc. She wasn't able to come to church but she still is planning on being baptized. Marcia is pretty cool. She accepted a baptismal date first lesson for the 3rd of July. She's doing well and we just barely taught her and gave her a book of mormon. She was very interested in it and is still planning on being baptized. Things are looking up for us in terms of the work.

Friday was a way cool experience I had. Now it is way simple, but it was powerful for me. In Companionship study, we were starting and picking a hymn to sing. I thought to myself #89 but for some reason I felt like I shouldn't tell Elder Miles. It sounds lame but I said a quick prayer in my head that elder Miles would be led to that hymn. a few seconds later, Elder Miles chimed in "How bout Hymn #89?" I kinda just sat there in silence for a bit, but I felt the spirit just quickly and quietly bear witness that it was the hand of the lord. And I know it was. Very simple, some would say coincidental, but I know it was from the Lord and I know that my prayer was answered right then and there. Just as easy as that. My prayers can and will be answered as long as it's God's will.

Zone conference was last night. I was pretty burned out and tired but it was a great meeting. It helped me out a lot and I'm gonna change a lot of things in my teaching and missionary work. The ward/branch leaders were able to come to the meeting and our Elders Quorum President, President Barrios was way into it. He loved it! He bore his testimony at the end and he is excited to get out there and do the work. It was cool having the leaders there for the first time. Most of them had never seen a zone conference, but it was way different to us. Cool though.

I gotta tell you about the new sensation that has hit Trinidad North Zone. It's "Nuggle Radio!" Haha Elder Lang and I talk a lot on the phone and when other people are on conference call with us they a re always laughing. Elder Clark, (elder Prince's companion) told us that he could just sit there and listen for hours. So what do we do? We create a missionary radio station where every Friday from 10-11 we talk about random stuff. Embarrasing moments, girl stories, missionary stories, etc. First time, two weeks ago, we had 4 listeners, This last week? We had 10 listeners. This week will be even better. Haha we're having a blast doing it. Nuggle is a candy bar here in trinidad and we decided it sounded like a black non-wizard, so we named our radio station after that. After we get home we plan on doing some podcasts or in the future if possible seriously making a radio talk show at BYU. What missionary can say he created a zone radio station? Not many. Haha.

Personally I'm doing good. We all have our bumps and bruises. It's hard dealing with other missionaries sometimes but I get over it pretty quickly. Haha. I feel more converted lately, and I'm going to continue working harder and being a better missionary. President told me today "Elder Morris, why would I send you out of the office?? We need you here! You've helped us so much!" We all laughed but I'm kinda scared that I really might be staying here another 6 weeks. I do love the area. But I need a change of venue. I would love nothing more than to go to Guyana again or open Barbados when it comes into the mission in July, or either serve with Elder Lang or Elder Prince. Haha

I'm doin great and It was way good to hear from you. I like how you said Elder Barton said it was the time where he was happiest was while he was on a mission. I agree whole-heartedly and am way lucky to be out here. If every member of the church were to know what it is like to serve a mission and what the gospel really truly is, we'd see such a transformation happen in the members. It's definitely been happening to me. It's more of a gradual process. Some weeks are way high i'm ecstatic, spirits are high, but other weeks i'm not as happy, and my spirits are not as high. That's when I just need to suck it up and keep goin. I'm happy. I'm happy you got to go see Elder Barton. I love that kid.

Love you all,

Elder Morris

0 comments:

Post a Comment