Friday, April 9, 2010

April 5, 2010

First of all, Happy Easter!

I love General Conference so dang much. This time around was so good. I only wish more members/investigators could have realized how important coming to it was. We had it at the Port of Spain chapel. The building in Curepe is rented and upstairs of the electric company. Only 2 chapels in Trinidad have the satellite. It was so great though. About 26 missionaries and 10 members were there for Saturday sessions. The majority of the members just don't have that full grasp on how important it really is. I guess they could have been watching it at home on the internet... but it was a little disappointing. Luckily on Sunday many members were there. It was a spiritual FEAST these past two days. In my notebook I was taking notes in I wrote at the bottom of Elder Andersen's talk "I do not want this to end." And what a great talk he gave. Such a themed conference, all around families and parenting. Made me very excited about the prospect of having a family of my own someday. I wish everybody would just take a break from life and watch conference every session they can. I LOVED Saturday session but barely anyone was there to see it...

The week was pretty good aside from the fantastic conference. Our investigators are doing okay. The members that were supposed to take them to conference did not so they were not there. Cindy is still meeting with the Jehovah's witnesses and each time she comes to us with a bogus question they had her ask us. She read us 1 Cor. 15:50 about how no flesh can dwell with God. Then we talked about how Christ was resurrected and how they felt his body. Uh...... Can Christ not dwell with God? Goodness. Just bogus things. Is rather frustrating. She is however reading more of the Book of Mormon which is great. Her family is doing good as well. Friday during the day they fed us a FEAST! It was delicious. They had lots of "provisions" which are things like cassava, plantain, sweet potatoes, dashin, etc. I guess it's a classic Trinidadian Easter tradition. They have fried fish and then this fish stew that we drizzled all over all the provisions. It was soooo good.

The members here seem to only like to do good missionary work every few weeks because we haven't received much help lately. We're trying to serve them, build them up through doctrine, but it's just been difficult working with them recently. They don't feel the weight that needs to be felt on their shoulders...

I can't believe you guys didn't have the Easter egg hunt with just Amy. Next year please do it and send pictures. Haha about pictures…send as many as you can!!! I'm going to buy a bigger picture album to put them in. To answer your question Dad, we never see tourists. Port of Spain does a lot but here in San Juan not as much. The Falls, which is the nicest mall here has tons of white people. Very weird to walk around there. Such a nice mall. That's where Coldstone is. By the way the gift card didn't work. Will probably send it back. Thanks for thinkin about me though!!!

I don't really know what to say, this weekend was very fulfilling and I was happy even though we didn't have much success. I love the Lord, his gospel, his Prophet today. I know without a doubt that it is true. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and giving us so many opportunities to grow and change. I love this work so much... :D

MUCH LOVE,

Elder Morris


Dad - It was exciting to hear about your experience this past week. I'm proud of you too!! Thank you so much for sharing that with me. I guess you'll be a 70 in no time. Just a question, I've been wondering how much do you get to study your scriptures each day? I hope you don't work too much. Saturday I learned so much and it was my favorite session. I wish you could have seen it. I love you so much Dad, thank you for your great example and all of the things you've taught me. I think you did okay as a Dad. Haha.

Love ya, Elder Morris

0 comments:

Post a Comment