Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August 3, 2009

Hey whappin? (What's happening in Creolese) haha

Life is GOOD! I'm doing great! Today's my 2 month mark, meaning I am approximatley....8.33 percent done with my mission. Crazy!! I'm feeling great though and am enjoying my time here. So today was transfer breakfast because transfers are Wednesday. (Every 6 weeks). Zone leader, Elder Marshall's going to Trinidad, but Elder Stebbing and I both stay in Kitty. We're doin' good. He has 2 transfers left on his mission. Elder Stebbing and I get along great. He's pretty cool. Goes to BYU as well. Breakfast was omlets provided by the Evans'. They're an awesome senior couple! They leave in 3 months though.

News! Michelle is getting baptized Saturday! She chose President Barrow to do the baptism (EQ Pres). He's a way cool guy and she is so ready to be baptized. She has been baptized before but knows why she needs it again. Knows everything really well. It was just put off because she didn't know much but now we have taught her well!

No baptisms this weekend.

News! We might be kicked out of Guyana Thursday. All missionaries in Guyana may be kicked out Thursday. The government issued and order for 50 missionaries to leave by Thursday. President Hymas, President Pooran, and the attorneys are working against it. If we do, like it has happened before, it won't be a big deal. There's no reason to be worried. The church will make sure we're being provided for. And we'll be able to return soon anyways like it has in the past. No time to say more about it.

News! I have lost 30 pounds in this transfer. 6 weeks. I feel great though I think it was just because I was sick at the first part and didn't eat much. 1 weigh 175 now. Now I just need to start exercising.

Seriously this branch is pretty fun. So many funny/wierd/insane people. Guyanese are funny people. I will definantly miss them after my mission. They were playing this wierd game at New Converts night and the old Elders Quorum President was just way too excited. Jumping up and down, singing loudly, haha! Just a funny sight! I have a video of it and...too hard to send videos so maybe another time.

We've been teaching this girl, Tinesha, and she's way excited about it. She's come to church two times already and brings her whole family, cousins, brothers, etc. Most have been pretty cool and will probably get baptized.

Interesting note about transfers. Elder Beeson, my old comp, is with Elder Park next transfer. Park came out in the same group with us. Wierd that they are both together. Usually they put older missionaries with the younger to still be training them and such.

About the package. Don't worry about sending too much stuff. I can buy things here. But send candy, not chocolate. Like Swedish fish and such. Oh, and the Evans address is actually 243 Cedar Courts not 248. Also, I got the letter from home! Got it Thursday so it took about 2 weeks to get here. Not too shabby!

Well I'm doing great. Sorry I couldn't talk about you very much but I love your emails so much!!! I love hearing news from home. Keep it up! An email doesn't take to long to write.

Elder Morris

0 comments:

Post a Comment